I am Angel Strickland, second born to Joe Strickland and Allyn Thomason Strickland.
As the heiress to the Strickland home, I’ve taken the journal over for Daddy. I almost regret reading back at what he’s written. If any of you in the future think to read what your ancestors wrote, I hope you know what you’re setting yourself up for. While some of it was very painful to relive, other things were just TMI… I mean really, I don’t think future generations need to know how ‘sweet’ Daddy’s second wife’s ass is! I especially didn’t need to hear how ‘loose’ my mother is… was.
On the other hand, reading back over what my father went through and how he persevered through such difficult and trying times… it has given me strength to be what he needs me to be.
Daddy raised a few questions during his time with the journal. I don’t have answers for everything, yet I can tell you what transpired between Frank and myself.

The eldest male is to be heir of the Strickland home. Seeing how RenĂ© passed away, that left Frank to be heir. He straight out refused to take responsibility of the family home. Said it wasn’t his problem. Not his problem? I reminded him he is a Strickland and that this is his home, too.
Then he told me Roy could do it. He is a Strickland boy, too. Roy is not a Strickland. He will never be allowed to run the Strickland home.
So that is how it was left to me to take care of the home and the family. It is my responsibility to ensure nothing and no one will endanger this family or our home.

Take my freshman year when I went to the dance studio to meet up with Lisa for her birthday. We both love to dance and music is just something we always clicked with. Music brought us together. It is what bonded us as friends.

There was a woman there… a professor from the university. I don’t know what her issue is with Lisa… I do know she better watch her step. No one should fight with a pregnant woman… especially not one carrying a Strickland. I told Lisa not to worry. I’ll handle everything.

I went home for Daddy’s birthday. It was a momentous occasion, he said he was ‘feeling his age’ and really hoped I could come. Naturally I had to be there to watch the old man blow out his candles. It was good to see everyone again.
Frank hasn’t changed. I told him to make nice with Daddy and I’d introduce him to some college girls once he graduated.
I can’t get over how much Roy has grown. He’s an interesting guy…
As for the triplets… they are amazing little babies. The girls, Paula and Simone are the spitting image of Lisa. As for Scott, he’s another miniature Daddy, red hair and all.
The highlight of Daddy’s birthday had nothing to do with Daddy. I know he’ll be crushed when he finds out… if he finds out.
