Monday, Summer Year 27

What kind of father am I? What kind of man? These thoughts have gone through my mind. More often lately than in the past. I’m reaching retirement age… I’m seriously contemplating retirement. I think I’ve more than earned it. I haven’t had a completely rough life… just a few bumps in the road really.
Life does like to remind me of my humanity, my humility and that I may be the head of the SCIA and this house… but karma is definitely running things.

We had a visitor… an old friend… of Lisa’s. We had met once. And here he was once more in my house making nice with my wife.
Granted Gabriel knew Lisa from the organization they both had worked for and she wasn’t my wife back when I met him the first time and I’m sure I’m over reacting… at least that is what Lisa keeps telling me. He’s just an old friend.

I really am a lucky guy. I’m 10 years older than Lisa yet she loves me. Says age doesn’t matter. I asked her if she will still feel that way when I go gray or worse, lose my hair. She says I’m as sexy today as I was the first time she met me.

I know she’s still as beautiful as the day I met her. She hasn’t lost that sexy body of hers, that sweet smile, those kissable lips. That sweet ass… uh… any way…

I keep looking for answers. I just don’t seem to be getting any. My kids are just day and night. Not one of the four is alike. RenĂ© was all about college, money, becoming someone important, making his mark on life… before he lost his life. Angel is intense, fiercely loyal to her family, yet laid back and very easy to talk to. Frank is focused on his robots… his cars… on girls… girls… and more girls. Roy is a sweet boy who simply wants to be liked… to be accepted.

Without Angel around for a buffer, we seem to be drifting apart. Lisa is still close to the boys, but me? I’m losing Frank… he’s either with a girl, or tinkering around with something electronic. Thankfully Roy is still young enough to look up to his father.

Maybe I’m over simplifying things… maybe I’m putting too much emphasis on his testing fate. I just worry that one of these days, he’s going to put that screwdriver in the wrong place and… no… he’s much too clever to do that. Underneath it all, he’s still a good boy.
| Front Page | Next Journal Entry |

6 comments:
*worries for Frank* Trash compactors are ebil, ya know!
Uh oh, Frank's got himself in some trouble with the law, eh?
Uh oh! Johnny Law got Frank! Kids! YEESH!
Well, Joe ... you've got two sons now. They're going to, sooner or later, want to step away from dad to prove they can be a MAN! You've got to realize that, studly. :O)) And your daughter is a young woman who is also going to want to be able to be her own adult. Time to face facts! You're not a young dude any longer!
Wow, poor Joe! He's having a mid-life crisis a little late. ;) I'm sure Lisa will be able to calm his thoughts!
Well, Joe is definitely getting up there, isn't it. *comforts the nearly-old man* Woot! Congrats on the LTW! *cheers*
*blinks at Joe* He kissed her on the cheek hello. *pokes Joe*
*snickers at Joe* Yeah, Lisa is still pretty cute, ain't she. *grins*
Well, 4 such different children should definitely keep you on your toes at least, right? If you're worried you're drifting apart from Frank, then make an effort to talk about the things HE likes.
A good boy who gets brought home late at night by the cops, eh? *tsks*
Trash compacters and cops *shakes head* that boy is just heading for trouble.
Post a Comment