Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Folly of Simkind

Greetings Future Generations,



My wedding night was rather eventful… not what BJ had in mind for our first night as husband and wife, yet unavoidable all the same.
After being rushed to the hospital I eventually gave birth to the next Strickland heir… much to the disappointment of my new husband. There were complications, the umbilical cord managed to wrap around his neck, each time I pushed, it would cut off his air supply. It was a frightening time. Thankfully he is perfect in every way. Ten fingers, ten toes, jet black hair and his father’s striking eyes, my son, my beautiful baby, AJ.



My son and I have come home from the hospital. Daddy couldn’t be more proud of his grandchild. He dotes on him endlessly. BJ on the other hand has become distant… distracted… paranoid.



He insists I’ve hidden something or more accurately someone down in the basement. That is the family mausoleum, there is no one hidden there. There are only two urns of beloved family members. He’s been down there, he should know I have spoken the truth. He insists there is a false wall, perhaps a hidden room. I assurd him, it is a place for the dead to roam.



We had more pressing matters to focus on. The honeymoon was postponed once more in anticipation of Lisa’s birthday. When we spoke of her upcoming transition, she was ready. She has finished her studies as she always dreamed of, she has beautiful, healthy children, wonderful stepchildren and she has the perfect husband. Well when you put it like that, I suppose she does have it all.
The boys made it back from Le Academie for the festivities… there was to be no bickering between them… they were to be on their best behavior. Over all the early evening went well



That night the situation took a turn for the worse. While Roy and I debated the relevance of popularity with the masses versus visibly pleasurable candidates there was an odd distant thud. We thought nothing of it at first but when later there was a blood curdling scream that originated from the basementI became concerned.

How many every day sims can boast about being showcased in the wedding announcements, birth announcements and obituaries all within a fortnight? If my name never shows in the Folly Gazette again, it will not pain me one bit.