Friday, April 3, 2009

Strike Two...

Tuesday, Fall Year 25



Angel has become distant. She has become interested in other things… such as men. Not boys her age… men. She reminds me she is an adult now herself… little miss I’m not a little girl, I’m eighteen and almost ready for college. Sorry, to me she will always be my little Angel.
I try to see her as an adult, yet she does so many things that remind me she is still my little girl.


Like the time her and Lisa were hanging out at the water’s edge trying to tan… she got sunburned.


Or the night I came home to find her jumping on the couch, because she was bored.


I still hear her cry occasionally at night…


By breakfast she denies everything… says she’s fine and I shouldn’t worry.


I should worry. Something has gotten to her and I need to find out what it is. I know she misses her mother and her brother. She’s become even closer to Frank. I’m glad. Her and Spanky were close… its nice to see she is bonding with her brother… now if only she would bond as well with Roy.


I wonder… am I putting too much pressure on her? Am I driving her away like I did René?


She came to me… hesitantly… and told me she wanted to talk. Its about time. I missed our talks. She started talking about college. She’s been accepted to Le Academie and is expected to show for First Year orientation in two months.


Two months… that is utterly unacceptable! My little girl will be moving out? No… I can’t have that. She has already applied for a few scholarships and has been approved for five of them. Scholarships? I thought I’d have to help her with any applications of that sort.


Apparently she and Lisa had filled out the paperwork and I inadvertently signed them when I was distracted paying bills. That also explains that odd conversation I walked in on when they both clammed up as soon as they saw me. I figured it was harmless girl talk.


I just have to face facts… my little girl is truly growing up. She’ll be the first to attend. I’m very proud of her. Now if only I can get Frank to be serious about something… anything…

Front PageNext Journal Entry

8 comments:

Mao said...

Poor Joe! His little girl is off to college to "play" with the boys, LOL. ;)

MysticSpirit said...

I feel sorry for all the Joes when their first borns go off and do something ... like die. :O} Now his second born is ready to make her place in the world. Has it been decided who will be the heir yet?

Anonymous said...

Awww. Poor Joe. It's so hard to realize that your baby is all grown up.

Looks to me like Frankie is pretty serious about something. *snicker*

Anonymous said...

Poor Joe. He's having a tough time seeing his baby grow up. I know the feeling.

Anonymous said...

cool - you were able to communicate that bitter-sweet feeling about the little girl growing up and moving away to college.

kimbalaya said...

Awww, it's so sad when the kids grow up and move out.

Looks like Frank is trying to grow up already, too.

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Ooo, not good that Joe and Angel are drifting apart. But he does have to let her grow up some.

That just means the sun didn't feel as hot as it was, that's all. :-b Okay, jumping on the couch is kinda childish still. *grins*

Staying close with at least one her siblings is important though at least. Hopefully she's not going to turn out badly.

*blinks at Joe* Dude, what the heck do you mean that's unacceptable? She's 18, she's ready to graduate college, after the summer, she -should- be heading off to college! *thwaps Joe*

HA! Well if you were too distracted and signed stuff without reading it, it's your own fault! *beams at Angel and Lisa for pulling one over on Joe*

Good, I'm glad to see you're accepting the inevitable and you're not going to ruin your relationship with your eldest remaining child. :-)

And Frank sure seems serious about, erm, some "stuff" there. *snickers*

Oydie said...

OMG boobies! Wasn't expecting that LOL.