Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Epic Phail

Saturday, Fall Year 19

I woke with a start. I didn't know why. I was simply jarred from a dead sleep in to a sheer panic. That's when I heard it. The whir and crackling of the contraption. I grabbed the clothes off the floor and threw them on as fast as I could and ran out the front door.
I'm not sure what I expected to see. But I sure didn't expect this.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the time I got there, he had already started. I yelled for him to stop, to let go. Something wasn't right. He looked as if he was in pain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went to try and pull him from the machine. But a hand on my arm pulled me back from it and from him. Words of warning were yelled over the noise of Rene's screams of pain. I was at a loss. My son... my precious boy.. I had to help him. She pulled me back once more reminding me of my obligation to my wife and children. I knew she was right. If I touched him now I'd be endangering my own life, the electricity would conduct through me just as quickly as it was through my son... I could do nothing but yell and plead for him to let go. I felt so helpless. So useless. Its not a feeling a man should have... one of utter uselessness when the safety of his son is at stake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It felt like hours before he was finally able to let go. I reached out to grab him as he fell at my feet. My heart lurched. I thought the worse naturally. I went to help him up and he slapped my hand away. He was so angry with me. Its all my fault. I failed him.

Photobucket

I thanked the Twelve Gods for sparing my son. Though he was quite ripe to say the least, at least he survived. He said he felt woozy, light headed, exhausted and hungry.

Photobucket

I asked him what he would like to do first... eat, sleep, bathe.

Photobucket

He yelled at me some more. As if I had ever been through this and should know. I suppose being the adult I should have been more assertive, but he's 18 now. I try to be more understanding. Bad time for understanding. He was angry and in pain.

Photobucket

I offered him a grilled cheese. He reluctantly agreed but as I turned to go make it for him he called out to me. His voice so reminiscent of his adolescence it sent a chill through me.

Photobucket

He wasn't feeling well, his stomach was cramping. I thought I was losing him. The sun was coming up, the other kids would be up soon and I had no idea what to do.

Photobucket

By the time I reached him, he had fallen to the ground once more. He passed out from sheer exhaustion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a few tries, I managed to get him up in order to get him to bed. He started yelling again. Honestly, its hard to say what he was yelling about half the time. Some made sense, the rest was utter gibberish. I sent Lisa to find Allyn, make some food and to see to the kids.

page 2