Wednesday, Fall Year 21

We all still miss Spanky very much, although I think Angel is taking his death the hardest. She can still be found hidden in her room crying. It really breaks my heart to hear her and I do what I can to console my little girl.

Imagine my surprise when she turned driving age, she declines the offer of a car. She said some day she may be ready for that responsibility, right now, she thinks taking the bus to school or walking to the mall to see her friends is good enough. Who am I to argue with such a sensible girl?

When I got back from the retreat, I did my best to spend quality time with my family.

Frankie boy was still crawling around and as in the past, I got the honor of helping my child take his first step.

My little genius is growing up as well. He simply absorbs things so effortlessly. He’s taken over in the garden for his mom since she’s been so busy lately, sometimes she even forgets to eat. He’s very competitive and loves to challenge me, I’m afraid I'm getting old and can’t keep up with my boy.

His newest passion is his train. We even went so far as to build him an upstairs room just for him. Angel says I’m spoiling him… I don’t see the problem in that… except maybe that he spends almost every waking hour up there… or its because I have yet to buy her a tv but I created a room upstairs for this train… oh… huh… do you think she wants a tv?

There was a sudden snow storm in the mountains after I left, Lisa hadn't made it home for about three and a half weeks after she was expected back. I was relieved to see she was home safely. We were all worried. She asked if she could speak with Allyn and I about her decision. Immediately I had Angel take Frank to the movies and we sat down. Something had come up, she met someone on her vacation and she was leaving. They are very much in love and she had to follow her heart.
Allyn said she understood and thought it best… I apparently I had no say in the matter, the women had decided and I was simply expected to follow along quietly… This did not sit well with me. Finally I put my foot down and stopped all the double talk and suspicions. Tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

It felt good to finally get everything out in the open. I confessed to Allyn that I am the man that Lisa met in the mountains and that we are in love. I paused then waiting for Lisa to deny it, thankfully she didn’t.

That’s when things really hit the fan. Naturally Allyn suspected that we met up in the mountains, she even said she could have forgiven me an indiscretion with the children's nanny, but to fall in love with the tramp was too much. I lost it… I won’t have her calling Lisa a tramp. I just won’t stand for it. I was at the end of the rope and ready to hang it all up. We needed to come to some kind of amicable truce for the sake of our children.
It would have to wait, the kids came home. Lisa went to her room and cried, Allyn went to the beach to stare at the water. I tried to guard the kids from any fall out of the fight, but eventually just sent them to bed confused.

Allyn and I tried once more to come to an agreement of sorts. Again coming to the same stale mate… again she flung names and accusations… I’m not saying I don’t deserve them and maybe Lisa does too, to an extent. I tried to do things her way, now it was time to do things my way… I settled things once and for all.

Once that was settled, I had to tell the kids… what to tell the kids… that was the big question now. Angel went quiet and Frank had a dozen questions. Though they took the news well while at the table, they were naturally very upset about their mother leaving without saying goodbye.

Lisa made the effort to spend even more time with the kids. She has the patience of a saint. She didn’t shy away from any questions the kids asked and handled each with tact and grace. Okay most of them… others she let for me to field.

Angel took it upon herself to call the headmaster. She decided I dragged my feet long enough. She was ready for private school. Apparently my girl impressed him, he not only accepted her, he accepted Frank.

I discussed marriage with Lisa. She said I’m not ready. I’m not ready? I broke things off with my wife, I got the divorce finalized… I even had an engagement ring in my pocket for her… she insisted I wasn’t ready and I needed to look deep within myself before asking her again.
I know she adores the kids, I’m pretty sure she loves me… so what was the problem? She smiled sadly at me, took my hand in hers, kissed my cheek and pointed at my ring finger before walking away. I didn’t even realize I was still wearing it… it got to be such a habit…
I went down to the basement, something I haven’t done in forever and talked to my boy. Told him everything… from the time he died up until Lisa walked away from me. I slipped the ring off my finger and was staring at it when I heard the scream from upstairs.

I know that scream any where… Lisa was in labor. I jumped up and ran up the stairs, I found her in the nursery. She had been getting it ready, or nesting as some call it…

The Twelve Gods are peculiar beings… they give and take as they see fit… they took my RenĂ© and gave me Roy.

Now I only need one more thing to make my life complete… and that is to convince his mom to marry me…
| Front Page | Next Journal Entry |

8 comments:
Yay! Allyn is gone. too bad she wouldn't cooperate and get struck by a satellite though. *snaps fingers* Drat!
Ummm, is it my imagination or is the Headmaster checking out Lisa's butt?
Wow. Roy is quite the looker. Yowza!
I was really glad to see Allyn go, too. Sad, though. Yeah, I agree with CeeCee, a satellite would've been fun. *giggles*
I thought the same thing about the headmaster checking out Lisa's butt!
Roy is too cute!
Hah!!! I kind of on one hand want to kick Joe in the ass. On the other hand... good riddance to Allyn. If I see her in my hood my playables are staying the hell away from her :-p
Poor Allyn your all mean LOL She wasn't the one who was screwing behind her sprouse' back.
/me looks around the empty echoing room of the Allyn Fan Club and sighs.
I loved all the exteas and the baby is a cutie :D
Congrats on getting the kids into private school.
Awwwwwwww. Roy is adorable!
Dang. I was hoping Allyn would get squashed by a satellite. :O( I'm disappointed. *sniffs* But ... I'm glad everyone's taking the news so well. And ... I'm not surprised she's pregnant. :O)) Hehe!!
And Allyn is gone, yikes. Everything is changing so quickly, LOL. Glad I'm not part of that family. ;)
Angel is so pretty!
Aww, poor girl *comforts Angel*
Oh. My. God. Angel is GORGEOUS!!! And she's got a good head on her shoulders. Just don't push her the same way Rene felt you pushed him, Joe.
Hmm, that didn't look like quality time with Allyn there. That looked like yet another argument.
Oh dear. Allyn is definitely sending herself for a bad end at this rate. Hehe, good to see Frank beating his old man though! *giggles*
Neat train tracks! I so need to remember to do something like that with the next generation in my Shmoe family. :-)
Erm, is it my imagination or does Lisa look a bit ... "thicker" ... in the belly area there? *grins*
Well, good for you, Lisa! (Although I'm positive that bun in the oven is Joe's.) But yeah, Joe, I don't quite blame you for getting fed up with their behavior. Not that you're all high and mighty - you're more to blame for it all than anyone, I'm thinking. *nods*
Oh. *blinks and waits for the storm*
Yikes! That was some storm. Poor Allyn. Poor Angel and Frank. I hope the kids are able to deal with all this okay.
Poor kidlets. *comforts Angel and Frank*
And the headmaster apparently enjoyed checking out Lisa's butt too. *rolls her eyes* (At least that was better than the headmaster my Joe got - he was checking out Anneke's rack! Although my HM was -really- cute...)
Welcome Roy! (Yay for blonde hair finally!)
Post a Comment