Monday, February 16, 2009

Looking Up: Page 2

True Journal Wednesday, Fall Year 18

Twelve Gods, when I screw up, I truly screw up. How often does she read my journal? I have no idea. She’s never had qualms about anything I’ve written before. Well she read my last entry and she hit the roof. My journal is now electronic and I have resorted to encrypting a private one in hopes of keeping family unity.
Allyn has become suspicious of everything. She has gone so far as to accuse me of bringing that new contraption to the house. Why in the name of Twelve Gods would I do such a thing? She swears it isn’t hers. I want to believe her. So if it isn’t hers, who does it belong to and where did it come from?


Allyn and RenĂ© really are bonding. I think it’s great. I just worry about the late nights. They don’t even come in from the rain some nights. They just stare up at the stars, point out the shooting ones and make wishes. Who knows what they’re wishing for, neither one of them will speak to me about their time out there.


What really concerns me is RenĂ©. His grades have dropped, he doesn’t study and claims he never has homework. This is his senior year… I don’t think he wants to go to college anymore. He refuses to even take his grades seriously. What happened to my son? Where is that driven boy I once knew?


Some how through all this, Angel has remained relatively untouched by it all. She loves her mother, enjoys Lisa’s company and is my ears and eyes in the house. I can’t be every where and I fear that the two women in the house are going to either come to blows or at the very least a screaming match in which I will undoubtedly have to fire Lisa.
Angel and I have our quiet private moments as I tuck her in to bed. That’s when I ask her about her day. That’s when she tells me all about school and everything that goes on in the house. I think she knows how important these talks are for me… I just hope I’m not abusing her trust.




Allyn swears Lisa is trying to get between her and Frank. I don’t see how. Lisa simply takes care of the boy, its Frank who cries every time Allyn tries to hold him. Much like Angel did… I think its Allyn’s depression talking. Frank still prefers Lisa to his mom.


I had asked Lisa to meet with me yesterday morning. The house was quiet, everyone was still asleep as I sat eating my usual breakfast. Some habits are hard to break and I still love a gooey grilled cheese in the morning.
I knew something had gone a bit sour at Frank’s birthday the night before, but I didn’t know what to think of Allyn’s ramblings. So I was eager to hear Lisa’s side of the story before things got out of hand.


Lisa had given Frank a bath shortly after his plunge in to his birthday cake. She had noticed how he had stopped eating it and began rubbing his eyes, managing to smear the frosting in his face and hair. I thought it was a bit comical myself, the boy was truly a chocolate mess.


After his bath, she put him in his pajamas and laid him down to sleep as she has done numerous times throughout his short life. Only this time she was met with Allyn who insisted Frank wasn’t sleepy. Lisa told her perhaps she had misread his usual signs and Allyn was right.


Of course she hadn’t really, she was trying to appease Allyn and not start an argument. Frank was wiped out and slept till his 2:00 am feeding.


I know Lisa isn’t lying about this. Its written on her face. I don’t think she’s even capable of lying to me… and that’s when she hit me with it. A vacation…


Allyn is back home. Lisa asked if she could have a few days vacation… I was floored really. I don’t know why but my stomach lurched at the thought of her not being here… of her going off to do who knows what… with out us… without… me.


Front PageNext Journal Entry

10 comments:

Oydie said...

Oh dear.
And I have my suspisions as to who the contraption belongs to :(

CeeCee said...

Eep. You just love leaving us twisting in the wind don't you?

And why do I think that the energizer isn't Allyn's but is... nevermind. I'm not gonna say and possibly spoil it for myself. Or others. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love the "baby bits"!

Why is Spanky staring at Lisa playing the violin in her nightie? NM. He's a teenaged boy. Duh.

Why is Lisa playing the violin in her nightie?

*does the cuckoo motion at Allyn* That woman has completely gone around the bend. Anyone can see that Frankie is sleepy.

Hmmmm . . . is Allyn doing a lot of stargazing in order to get up close & personal with a satellite?

MysticSpirit said...

*LOL* @ the baby-bits comment. *LOL again*

And HEY! I thought you said Lisa was never going to come between Joe and Allyn! What's this that Joe's saying about being worried that he can't do without Lisa. *glares at ruby*

And as for the energizer ... I think it's his son's. I won't say anything more than that.

SuziCat said...

I KNEW it!!! He's hooked on Lisa and with her running around all the time in her skimpy nightie, it's hard to blame him, hee hee! And it looks like his son may have a bit of a crush on her too! I sense trouble brewing! Dames is trouble!

Debbie C said...

Okay.. I think I'm caught up now!

Now...why am I getting a creepy 'hand that rocks the cradle' vibe here? Hmmm?

Bubbs said...

Oh no...I wonder about Joe's feelings right now. Who does he really care more about? Allyn or Lisa? Can't blame the man, but isn't Lisa a little young for him?

I hope Allyn doesn't find herself pregnant again.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Hmmm. Lisa wants to go on vacation and Joe is uncomfortable with it. Hmmm.

Mao said...

Dun, dun, dun... the plot thickens! I wonder if Rene has a crush on Lisa, too, LOL.

I love the censor bar that read "baby bits"!

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Ooo, she's getting back to her own self already? Sweet! I'm glad she's reconnecting with her family now and giving Lisa a chance. :-) (Although Lisa, hon, sitting at the table in that skimpy nightie isn't the way to win the Mrs. over to your side.)

Yay for spending quality time together! Now she knows Joe wasn't trying to replace her with a younger blond girl. :-D

Nice!! Frank is reconnecting with his mom too now! *cheers*

*frowns* Why did Allyn hit the roof about his last journal? She came home and immediately there was a contraption on the front lawn. I can't blame him for being suspicious.

Uh-oh, what's up, Spanky? What's going on in your head?

Hmm, maybe it's a tiny abuse of Angel's trust? But maybe she also needs to get it all out to someone who isn't going to say she likes one of the women over the other.

Aww, I thought Allyn and Frank were reconnecting nicely? Yeah, I don't see this turning out well.

ACK! Joe, Joe, Joe.... *shakes her head* Dumb boy, you went and fell in love with Lisa, didn't you. *tsks* You better either let Lisa have her vacation and you figure out what's what or you need to let her go and focus on your wife.

But Lisa does like hanging around in her little skimpy shiny nightie that clings to her boobs and barely covers her backside, doesn't she. *grins knowingly*