Tuesday, Fall Year 20

Lisa was hesitant to go on her vacation. She had booked this vacation weeks in advance, before we lost René… I told her she should go. She had earned this. We’ll be fine.
Maxsims had come out with a game. The technology and coding behind it was mind boggling. I should know. I was there when it was in its first stages of development. I had told Plumbbobware the concept and they scoffed. Their thoughts? Who wants to play a game where someone else goes on vacation. Well who’s scoffing now?
Manager’s resort? Srsly. Plumbbobware has decided we need to have a pow wow, a meeting of minds. The theory, go up to the mountains, clear our heads and come up with new game ideas… mountains… do they even have wifi? May as well leave my cell and blackberry at home for all the good it will do me up there.

Since I value my job in this economic recession… I packed my bag and headed out for the long weekend. I felt guilty about leaving Allyn to take care of the kids alone. Thankfully she’s a strong woman and can handle things… besides Angel is there to lend a hand.

The lodge was clean and a lot nicer than I had expected.

The staff was courteous and I have to say, the area was breathtaking.

I took some time for me. I figured why not. They’re making me work on a weekend holiday… and took in a sauna.

I even read a book. Sure it was about coding but it was still a book, not on line… this is a huge step for me!

It wasn’t all fun and games. We had our brainstorming sessions. Over all I believe we made some real progress. It was a surprisingly productive outing.
page 2
